Kwamena Quagrainie, IISG aquaculture marketing specialist, has been awarded $60,000 by the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service to help fish farmers develop new marketing strategies. He will assess the preferences for fresh-on-ice fish at ethnic markets, traditional meat and fish markets, and independent grocery stores. He will also study processor purchase requirements of wild-caught fish from the Great Lakes. The goal of this project is to encourage processing of farmed fish and aid the development of marketing strategies that integrate fresh farm-raised fish products into existing fresh seafood markets in Chicago and the larger region.
Posted October 23rd, 2009 in News
- IISG’s aquatic invasive species team is looking for a new leader
- IISG researchers identify microbes throughout the Great Lakes
- IISG serves up Asian carp at 44th Annual NOAA Fish Fry
- New “Stormwater@Home” video series provides timely tips to prevent flooding
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant to participate in region-wide AIS Landing Blitz