On behalf of COSEE Great Lakes, Robin Goettel, IISG associate director for education, presented Paul Horvatin, program manager with the U.S. EPA Great Lakes National Program Office, with the Outstanding Partner Award in recognition and appreciation of his leadership and support. The dynamic partnership between U.S. EPA GLNPO and COSEE Great Lakes resulted in five successful R/V Lake Guardian workshops from 2005-2010. Dedicated Service Awards were also given to Beth Hinchey Malloy and Jackie Adams for their outreach work during the Lake Guardian training sessions. “They made the science of the Great Lakes come alive for our participants,” said COSEE Great Lakes Director Rosanne Fortner.
Posted October 12th, 2010 in News
- Rainscaping education helps communities prevent polluted runoff
- IISG’s aquatic invasive species team is looking for a new leader
- IISG researchers identify microbes throughout the Great Lakes
- IISG serves up Asian carp at 44th Annual NOAA Fish Fry
- New “Stormwater@Home” video series provides timely tips to prevent flooding