Kits & Costumes
Whether it’s scientific equipment or colorful costumes, these ready-to-use educational materials are available to rent for classroom or event use, providing hands-on opportunities for teachers and students.
This program provides the opportunity for educators to borrow actual water monitoring equipment used by scientists in the field and for students to experience collecting and analyzing real water quality data. The Limno Loan program is a great way to bring to life the topic of water quality for your students, bringing the outdoors to your classroom or your classroom outdoors!
Aquatic Invader Costumes
We have two aquatic invader costumes, Lady Quagga and Jumpin’ Jack the Asian carp. These adult-sized costumes are easy to wear and can be rented for science fairs, community events, or educational workshops, and more.
- Interns wrap up summer experiences and look toward the future
- A spring roundup of new and upcoming IISG resources
- Great Lakes educators reflect on their Lake Guardian experiences
- IISG hiring 5 undergraduate interns for summer 2021
- Freedom Seekers curriculum connects students to the Underground Railroad, Great Lakes and science