Every year we offer IL and IN K-12 formal and non-formal educator professional development opportunities as well as stipend support for IL and IN stewardship projects that extend Great Lakes learning and stewardship to students through place-based learning experiences. Stay tuned for upcoming opportunities.
As a part of the CGLL Educators community you get your hands wet as you experience Great Lakes research first hand working along-side local scientists.
Use your new skills and understanding, in collaboration with other Great Lakes educators, to create place-based, inquiry driven curriculum you can feel excited about implementing in your classroom. Tap into a support network of educators and scientists who will help bring these lessons to life for your students. Visit https://www.cgll.org/for-educators/ to learn about upcoming professional development training, curriculum resources, and more.
Teacher Shipboard Science Workshop
Watch cgll.org in late 2022 for information about our shipboard science opportunity on Lake Superior in summer 2023.
The IISG Summer Internship program is closed. Please check back in late 2022 for new opportunities.
- New undergraduate opportunity in community engaged internship
- Teacher Feature: Steve Sturgis, Clay Middle School
- IISG hiring six undergraduate interns for summer 2022
- The Helm magazine shares Lake Michigan art, as well as IISG success stories
- Interns wrap up 2021 summer experiences and look toward the future