Piping Plovers: A Natural Phenomenon
Virtual Training Workshop for Educators of Grades 6-12
Saturday, November 13, 2021 | 8:45-10:45am CST
Join us for a virtual professional development workshop to dive into the natural phenomenon of the nesting pair of endangered piping plovers at Montrose Beach, a shoreline habitat on Lake Michigan. You will gain a richer understanding of Great Lakes biodiversity and ecosystem dynamics by exploring what happens when these complex interactions are disrupted by humans. The Center for Great Lakes Literacy is providing a $250 stipend for full participation in this virtual workshop. Registration deadline is November 8th!
Teacher Shipboard Science Workshop
Watch cgll.org in early 2022 for information about our shipboard science opportunity on Lake Superior next summer.
The IISG Summer Internship program is closed. Please check back in February 2022 for new opportunities.
- The Helm magazine shares Lake Michigan art, as well as IISG success stories
- Interns wrap up summer experiences and look toward the future
- A spring roundup of new and upcoming IISG resources
- Great Lakes educators reflect on their Lake Guardian experiences
- IISG hiring 5 undergraduate interns for summer 2021