Posted August 22nd, 2014 in Uncategorized
We are very excited to once again be offering the EMPOWER Scholarship for Illinois and Indiana teachers interested in incorporating Great Lakes science, geography, and social studies into their classrooms. The scholarship provides $500 to help plan and implement a community stewardship project focused on local watershed issues. Applications for the two available awards will be accepted until September 23.
Teachers for grades 4-12 can apply by filling out the scholarship form and submitting it to Terri Hallesy via email or fax. Selected teachers will be required to share information about classroom activities, student products, and successes at the end of the project.
The EMPOWER scholarship is part of IISG’s ongoing efforts to improve science, geography, and social studies education with professional development for teachers and innovative curriculum. To learn more about upcoming training opportunities and classroom resources, visit IISG’s Educationpage.
- IISG engages in award-winning efforts
- IISG priorities and impacts are focused on local and Great Lakes natural resource concerns
- Research assistant opportunity: The social science of aquaculture production
- Great Lakes Sea Grant programs awarded $1 million for aquaculture collaborative
- In the News: Emma Young focuses on dissertation deadline ahead of Knauss Fellowship