Posted September 21st, 2012 in Uncategorized
With fall arriving tomorrow, September 22, a season full of great scenery begins in and around the Great Lakes. Even areas you may have visited several times before get a new look when fall arrives, and the coming weeks are a great time to further enjoy the Great Lakes.
As an example, check out the Lake Michigan Sand Dunes web page all about the Fall Foliage Color Tour on M-119. There are some terrific example photos, as well as directions and points to stop along the way to take in the views.
TravelWisconsin.com also has a list of 11 scenic drives to enjoy during the season, and each of the locations can be enjoyed on foot or bike as well.
There are also plenty of options for boaters and fishing enthusiaststo enjoy the cooler temperatures and varied scenery before the cold of winter sets in.
Visit some of the links above and enjoy the Great Lakes every season!
- IISG engages in award-winning efforts
- IISG priorities and impacts are focused on local and Great Lakes natural resource concerns
- Research assistant opportunity: The social science of aquaculture production
- Great Lakes Sea Grant programs awarded $1 million for aquaculture collaborative
- In the News: Emma Young focuses on dissertation deadline ahead of Knauss Fellowship