Open House Chicago provided many vistas of the city on a beautiful weekend. From high up in the Aon Center you can see some lakefront highlights. Navy Pier, the busiest tourist spot in Illinois juts out on the far left. Beside it is the Chicago Harbor Lock, which serves the role of separating Lake Michigan from the Chicago River. Next is DuSable Harbor, named after Jean Baptiste Point du Sable, considered the first permanent resident of the city. History, engineering, recreation–it’s all there!
Posted October 23rd, 2015 in News
- IISG engages in award-winning efforts
- IISG priorities and impacts are focused on local and Great Lakes natural resource concerns
- Research assistant opportunity: The social science of aquaculture production
- Great Lakes Sea Grant programs awarded $1 million for aquaculture collaborative
- In the News: Emma Young focuses on dissertation deadline ahead of Knauss Fellowship