Open House Chicago provided many vistas of the city on a beautiful weekend. From high up in the Aon Center you can see some lakefront highlights. Navy Pier, the busiest tourist spot in Illinois juts out on the far left. Beside it is the Chicago Harbor Lock, which serves the role of separating Lake Michigan from the Chicago River. Next is DuSable Harbor, named after Jean Baptiste Point du Sable, considered the first permanent resident of the city. History, engineering, recreation–it’s all there!
Posted October 23rd, 2015 in News
- Intern Blog: Jack Van Etten helps communities implement sustainable practices
- IISG to host aquatic invasive species networking workshop in Chicago
- In the News: Sarah Zack discusses unwanted meds and pollution prevention
- Sea Grant Announces 2020 Finalists for the John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship Program
- Rainscaping education helps communities prevent polluted runoff