Open House Chicago provided many vistas of the city on a beautiful weekend. From high up in the Aon Center you can see some lakefront highlights. Navy Pier, the busiest tourist spot in Illinois juts out on the far left. Beside it is the Chicago Harbor Lock, which serves the role of separating Lake Michigan from the Chicago River. Next is DuSable Harbor, named after Jean Baptiste Point du Sable, considered the first permanent resident of the city. History, engineering, recreation–it’s all there!
Posted October 23rd, 2015 in News
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant announces funding for five new research projects
- Registration open for 2020 Indiana Master Watershed Steward Program
- Microplastics may increase the risk of PFAS entering the Lake Michigan food web
- Graduate students looking for 2020 fellowship opportunities
- Podcast: How were the Great Lakes formed?