Open House Chicago provided many vistas of the city on a beautiful weekend. From high up in the Aon Center you can see some lakefront highlights. Navy Pier, the busiest tourist spot in Illinois juts out on the far left. Beside it is the Chicago Harbor Lock, which serves the role of separating Lake Michigan from the Chicago River. Next is DuSable Harbor, named after Jean Baptiste Point du Sable, considered the first permanent resident of the city. History, engineering, recreation–it’s all there!
Posted October 23rd, 2015 in News
- Zephyr remediation team wins Environmental Excellence Award
- Knauss Fellow reflects on past year as science communications specialist
- IISG co-hosts the 2019 Emerging Contaminants in the Environment conference
- In the News: Tomas Höök discusses nation’s first genetically modified animal cleared for human consumption
- In the News: Caitie Nigrelli discusses cleanup of Grand Calumet River