At one point, Northerly Island was part of the Century of Progress Exposition and then an airport until 2003, when Mayor Daley shut it down. This man-made island was was originally developed in 1920 as part of Daniel Burham’s park plan. Now it has returned to its original intention. This 40-acre natural area opened several weeks ago. This is the beginning of a another beautiful green space in Chicago.
Posted September 25th, 2015 in News
- In the News: Emma Young focuses on dissertation deadline ahead of Knauss Fellowship
- Feedback requested for IISG site review
- Great Lakes Resurgence: Cleanup Efforts Bring Life to Local Waterfronts
- Fourth grade students learn science on the banks of the Grand Calumet River
- In the News: Mitchell Zischke helps produce pond and wildlife management publication series