A team of scientists and specialists from IISG and Purdue University retrieved the Michigan City buoy this week and with it emerged a multitude of quagga mussels attached to one of its chains.
Find out more about the off-season life of the buoys!
Photo courtesy of David Cannon
- IISG engages in award-winning efforts
- IISG priorities and impacts are focused on local and Great Lakes natural resource concerns
- Research assistant opportunity: The social science of aquaculture production
- Great Lakes Sea Grant programs awarded $1 million for aquaculture collaborative
- In the News: Emma Young focuses on dissertation deadline ahead of Knauss Fellowship