Champaign-Urbana has already had 3.15 inches of rain for October – 56 hours into the month. Typical October rainfall is 3.26 inches. Rain gardens can be a beautiful way to absorb the storm, reducing runoff and flooding. Learn the ABCs of planting yourself a rain garden by downloading The Southern Lake Michigan Rain Garden Manual.
Posted October 3rd, 2014 in Uncategorized
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant announces funding for five new research projects
- Registration open for 2020 Indiana Master Watershed Steward Program
- Microplastics may increase the risk of PFAS entering the Lake Michigan food web
- Graduate students looking for 2020 fellowship opportunities
- Podcast: How were the Great Lakes formed?