Champaign-Urbana has already had 3.15 inches of rain for October – 56 hours into the month. Typical October rainfall is 3.26 inches. Rain gardens can be a beautiful way to absorb the storm, reducing runoff and flooding. Learn the ABCs of planting yourself a rain garden by downloading The Southern Lake Michigan Rain Garden Manual.
Posted October 3rd, 2014 in Uncategorized
- IISG’s aquatic invasive species team is looking for a new leader
- IISG researchers identify microbes throughout the Great Lakes
- IISG serves up Asian carp at 44th Annual NOAA Fish Fry
- New “Stormwater@Home” video series provides timely tips to prevent flooding
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant to participate in region-wide AIS Landing Blitz