Champaign-Urbana has already had 3.15 inches of rain for October – 56 hours into the month. Typical October rainfall is 3.26 inches. Rain gardens can be a beautiful way to absorb the storm, reducing runoff and flooding. Learn the ABCs of planting yourself a rain garden by downloading The Southern Lake Michigan Rain Garden Manual.
Posted October 3rd, 2014 in Uncategorized
- In the News: Emma Young focuses on dissertation deadline ahead of Knauss Fellowship
- Feedback requested for IISG site review
- Great Lakes Resurgence: Cleanup Efforts Bring Life to Local Waterfronts
- Fourth grade students learn science on the banks of the Grand Calumet River
- In the News: Mitchell Zischke helps produce pond and wildlife management publication series