If you are shopping for aquarium pets and plants, don’t forget to think about whether you are buying invasive species. Dave Cozzolino, owner of Wilmette Pet Center in Wilmette, Ill., has a supply of brochures that encourage aquarium owners to purchase non-invasive alternatives to aquatic invasive mollusks, like snails, clams, and mussels. If your pet store isn’t well-stocked with information, you can find out more about aquatic invasive species and responsible pet ownership on our AIS webpage about organisms in trade.
Posted July 31st, 2015 in News
- In the News: New resources support environmental planning at the local level
- IISG veterans win two national Sea Grant awards
- Apply now for the 2021 Knauss Fellowship in Washington, D.C.
- IISG engages in award-winning efforts
- IISG priorities and impacts are focused on local and Great Lakes natural resource concerns