If you are shopping for aquarium pets and plants, don’t forget to think about whether you are buying invasive species. Dave Cozzolino, owner of Wilmette Pet Center in Wilmette, Ill., has a supply of brochures that encourage aquarium owners to purchase non-invasive alternatives to aquatic invasive mollusks, like snails, clams, and mussels. If your pet store isn’t well-stocked with information, you can find out more about aquatic invasive species and responsible pet ownership on our AIS webpage about organisms in trade.
Posted July 31st, 2015 in News
- In the News: Emma Young focuses on dissertation deadline ahead of Knauss Fellowship
- Feedback requested for IISG site review
- Great Lakes Resurgence: Cleanup Efforts Bring Life to Local Waterfronts
- Fourth grade students learn science on the banks of the Grand Calumet River
- In the News: Mitchell Zischke helps produce pond and wildlife management publication series