Brian Miller, IISG director, was interviewed on September 2 at the Illinois Farm Progress Show for WCIA-TV, a Champaign-Urbana CBS affiliate. He talked about the program and focused on several recent impacts including the 2008 Earth Day project with U.S. EPA. Over 25 Great Lakes communities held collection events and over four million pills and four million pounds of ewaste were collected and disposed of properly. Miller also talks about the Local Decision Maker project, a GIS-based web tool that helps local communities incorporate natural resources intro the comprehensive planning process. The video is here.
Posted September 3rd, 2009 in News
- Illinois students help with green infrastructure research and win ASLA award
- New podcast series: Teach Me About the Great Lakes
- In the News: Jay Beugly talks buoys in BoatUS Magazine
- Land use webinar to be hosted with Purdue Extension
- Illinois Nutrient Loss Reduction Strategy Biennial Report reveals dramatic phosphorus reductions from point source sector