Brian Miller, IISG director, was interviewed on September 2 at the Illinois Farm Progress Show for WCIA-TV, a Champaign-Urbana CBS affiliate. He talked about the program and focused on several recent impacts including the 2008 Earth Day project with U.S. EPA. Over 25 Great Lakes communities held collection events and over four million pills and four million pounds of ewaste were collected and disposed of properly. Miller also talks about the Local Decision Maker project, a GIS-based web tool that helps local communities incorporate natural resources intro the comprehensive planning process. The video is here.
Posted September 3rd, 2009 in News
- In the News: Emma Young focuses on dissertation deadline ahead of Knauss Fellowship
- Feedback requested for IISG site review
- Great Lakes Resurgence: Cleanup Efforts Bring Life to Local Waterfronts
- Fourth grade students learn science on the banks of the Grand Calumet River
- In the News: Mitchell Zischke helps produce pond and wildlife management publication series