Brian Miller, IISG director, was interviewed on September 2 at the Illinois Farm Progress Show for WCIA-TV, a Champaign-Urbana CBS affiliate. He talked about the program and focused on several recent impacts including the 2008 Earth Day project with U.S. EPA. Over 25 Great Lakes communities held collection events and over four million pills and four million pounds of ewaste were collected and disposed of properly. Miller also talks about the Local Decision Maker project, a GIS-based web tool that helps local communities incorporate natural resources intro the comprehensive planning process. The video is here.
Posted September 3rd, 2009 in News
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant to participate in region-wide AIS Landing Blitz
- Zephyr remediation team wins Environmental Excellence Award
- Knauss Fellow reflects on past year as science communications specialist
- IISG co-hosts the 2019 Emerging Contaminants in the Environment conference
- In the News: Tomas Höök discusses nation’s first genetically modified animal cleared for human consumption