|Sarah and Danielle display some of the informational materials they provided for the conference.|
Posted November 18th, 2011 in News
Sarah Zack and Danielle Hilbrich organized an aquatic invasive species outreach booth October 27-28 at the Illinois Science Teachers Association Conference in Tinley Park, Illinois. The theme was “Never Release Classroom Plants and Animals,” and the information was aimed at explaining how even common classroom plants or animals can endanger the environment if not properly cared for and disposed of. They reached approximately 260 science teachers, with many engaging in conversations about how to prevent classroom specimens from becoming harmful invasive species.
- IISG’s aquatic invasive species team is looking for a new leader
- IISG researchers identify microbes throughout the Great Lakes
- IISG serves up Asian carp at 44th Annual NOAA Fish Fry
- New “Stormwater@Home” video series provides timely tips to prevent flooding
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant to participate in region-wide AIS Landing Blitz