Posted September 5th, 2012 in Uncategorized
Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant Pollution Prevention Program Specialist Laura Kammin has been a leader in helping communities establish medicine collection events in order to keep prescription drugs and other pharmaceuticals out of the water supply. As part of the mission to help other communities start or build on their own programs, Laura produced the video below with tips from the organization Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful and their Director of Community Support John Kloster-Prew.
Check out the video above, and be sure to share it with your friends and community members who may also be interested in protecting the environment from unwanted medicines.
- IISG’s aquatic invasive species team is looking for a new leader
- IISG researchers identify microbes throughout the Great Lakes
- IISG serves up Asian carp at 44th Annual NOAA Fish Fry
- New “Stormwater@Home” video series provides timely tips to prevent flooding
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant to participate in region-wide AIS Landing Blitz