Posted May 17th, 2012 in Uncategorized
Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant has an immediate opening for a Visiting Science Writer. This is a 55%-time, 12-month academic professional position working in and with the communication team at IISG.
Qualified applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in communications, natural resources, or a related field, and experience writing and editing material that relates scientific information to a broad audience in an easy to understand way.
Science writers work in a variety of mediums and outlets, and the successful applicant can expect to write for web, pamphlets, newsletters, e-mail, and several other types of communication pieces.
- Rainscaping education helps communities prevent polluted runoff
- IISG’s aquatic invasive species team is looking for a new leader
- IISG researchers identify microbes throughout the Great Lakes
- IISG serves up Asian carp at 44th Annual NOAA Fish Fry
- New “Stormwater@Home” video series provides timely tips to prevent flooding