“The grants will support the Millennium Reserve: Calumet Core initiative, a partnership created to restore 140,000 acres and provide recreational opportunities in the region. Additional conservation projects announced today by the State of Illinois will serve as Millennium Reserve Model Projects to further the mission of transforming the Calumet Region of Chicago into a one-of-a-kind public destination.”
Posted September 12th, 2012 in Uncategorized
Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar announced last month that the US Fish and Wildlife Service would award a $1 million grant to continue the development of restoration and conservation projects in Millennium Reserve.
Read the complete announcement at the link above for further details about the restoration plans and other projects being funded by similar grants.
- IISG engages in award-winning efforts
- IISG priorities and impacts are focused on local and Great Lakes natural resource concerns
- Research assistant opportunity: The social science of aquaculture production
- Great Lakes Sea Grant programs awarded $1 million for aquaculture collaborative
- In the News: Emma Young focuses on dissertation deadline ahead of Knauss Fellowship