“The CAM Committee members and partners are working together to develop a wide variety of events to celebrate the diversity and beauty of the Lake Michigan Coastal Region. Events highlight natural, cultural, and historic resources in the Coastal Region of Indiana – Lake, Porter, and LaPorte Counties. Our goal is to increase public awareness of these Coastal Resources and engage people in targeted activities that take them places they have never been before.”
Posted May 17th, 2013 in Uncategorized
June is Coastal Awareness Month in Indiana, and the Lake Michigan coastal region is being celebrated with a variety of events. The Indiana Lake Michigan Coastal Program has a calendar of events on their website that is updated regularly. It includes links for people to volunteer for the Clean Boats Crew program, along with several other events and educational opportunities.
From the website:
Learn more about the Indiana Lake Michigan Coastal Program here, including links to coastal issues, news, and more.
- IISG engages in award-winning efforts
- IISG priorities and impacts are focused on local and Great Lakes natural resource concerns
- Research assistant opportunity: The social science of aquaculture production
- Great Lakes Sea Grant programs awarded $1 million for aquaculture collaborative
- In the News: Emma Young focuses on dissertation deadline ahead of Knauss Fellowship