Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant (IISG) is seeking an hourly pollution prevention outreach assistant. This position is based out of the Chicago area, but the ability to telecommute is a plus and candidates will be considered from outside the Chicago area depending on the individual’s experience and skills.
Possible job duties might include:
- Conceptualizing, developing, designing, and maintaining outreach materials about pollution prevention topics (e.g., natural lawn care, microplastics, etc.)
- Compiling and analyzing survey and focus group data
- Leading pollution prevent outreach events
- Working with IISG and University of Illinois Extension staff and partners to identify resource gaps and make resources available to users as appropriate
- Participating in staff meetings/webinars and administrative tasks as an IISG staff member as necessary
Salary is $20/hr. This is a flexible, part-time, hourly position, with the possibility to work up to 24 hours/week. The position is funded for one year, with the possibility of continued funding.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in a related field; valid driver’s license; experience working with the general public, community stakeholders, community organizations or other related entities; strong writing, social media, organizational, and people skills; ability to work independently.
Preferred: Graphic design and public speaking experience, ability to travel overnight, experience with qualitative data analysis.
Please submit a cover letter, resume or CV, and the names of two professional references as one PDF file to Sarah Zack at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the position can also be directed to Sarah Zack at email@example.com; no phone calls, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the deadline to apply is February 24, 2020.
Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant is a part of University of Illinois Extension and Purdue Extension.