Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant helped Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful start their single-day medicine collection events in June 2008. Since then, the program has kept more than 12,740 pounds of unused medicine out of waterways and out of the hands of kids.
Posted June 7th, 2012 in Uncategorized
Our own Laura Kammin will be visiting a medicine collection event in Northern Illinois this Saturday. Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful is hosting the event June 9 at the Machesney Park Mall, just north of Rockford, Illinois, and the collection runs from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Visit Laura’s unwanted meds blog post about the event for further information about drop-off locations in nearby areas for this weekend’s event.
- In the News: Emma Young focuses on dissertation deadline ahead of Knauss Fellowship
- Feedback requested for IISG site review
- Great Lakes Resurgence: Cleanup Efforts Bring Life to Local Waterfronts
- Fourth grade students learn science on the banks of the Grand Calumet River
- In the News: Mitchell Zischke helps produce pond and wildlife management publication series