Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant helped Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful start their single-day medicine collection events in June 2008. Since then, the program has kept more than 12,740 pounds of unused medicine out of waterways and out of the hands of kids.
Posted June 7th, 2012 in Uncategorized
Our own Laura Kammin will be visiting a medicine collection event in Northern Illinois this Saturday. Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful is hosting the event June 9 at the Machesney Park Mall, just north of Rockford, Illinois, and the collection runs from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Visit Laura’s unwanted meds blog post about the event for further information about drop-off locations in nearby areas for this weekend’s event.
- Zephyr remediation team wins Environmental Excellence Award
- Knauss Fellow reflects on past year as science communications specialist
- IISG co-hosts the 2019 Emerging Contaminants in the Environment conference
- In the News: Tomas Höök discusses nation’s first genetically modified animal cleared for human consumption
- In the News: Caitie Nigrelli discusses cleanup of Grand Calumet River