May 2010 is Invasive Species Awareness Month in Illinois (ISAM). ISAM provides opportunities for all citizens of Illinois to participate in invasive species awareness events around the state. Events and programs are being held across the state and everyone is encouraged to attend and learn more about invasive species (check out the calendar on this website for a schedule of events). During May, you’ll be able to volunteer to help remove invasive species, join a nature hike to see invasive species firsthand, or attend presentations to learn more about what they can to do help fight these threats. Over 40 invasive species events are taking place across the state during May. Visit here for more information.
Posted May 4th, 2010 in News
- Chicago and Milwaukee forecasters have a new tool to monitor potential flash flooding
- Aquaculture funding opportunities available
- CSMI scientists join resource managers to focus on 2020 Lake Michigan field year
- IISG is looking for two motivated students for 2019 summer internship program
- IISG is looking to expand our aquaculture marketing team