Posted July 30th, 2012 in Uncategorized
Anjanette Riley has joined the IISG as the new science writer. She will work closely with the communication team and researchers to create materials that communicate research results and inform the public of IISG initiatives and outreach-projects. In addition to developing regular press releases, newsletter articles, content for brochures and web pages, Anjanette will serve as technical writer in the development of a mobile app tour of the Chicago lakefront focusing on critical issues facing the Great Lakes and initiatives underway to improve the health of the Chicago watershed.
Anjanette comes to IISG after serving as a project manager and technical writer for an Illinois-based safety consultancy specializing in the maritime industry. In her prior tenure as a reporter, she has written for several newspapers and magazines, work that earned her two national journalism awards. She holds a MA in English Studies from Illinois State University.
- IISG engages in award-winning efforts
- IISG priorities and impacts are focused on local and Great Lakes natural resource concerns
- Research assistant opportunity: The social science of aquaculture production
- Great Lakes Sea Grant programs awarded $1 million for aquaculture collaborative
- In the News: Emma Young focuses on dissertation deadline ahead of Knauss Fellowship