“Scrub Your Boat before You Float!” premiered as a new exhibit at the Orpheum Children’s Science Museum on November 30th. The students from Zanne Neuman’s 4th grade class from Stratton Elementary School in Champaign, Illinois presented a skit to highlight the main points of their exhibit. A key feature of the exhibit, the students designed a hands-on activity of scraping off “simulated zebra mussels” from a boat so they will not spread to other waterways.
Posted December 2nd, 2010 in News
- Rainscaping education helps communities prevent polluted runoff
- IISG’s aquatic invasive species team is looking for a new leader
- IISG researchers identify microbes throughout the Great Lakes
- IISG serves up Asian carp at 44th Annual NOAA Fish Fry
- New “Stormwater@Home” video series provides timely tips to prevent flooding