These new items are just one part of our Stop Aquatic Hitchhikers campaign, raising awareness about invasive species that can harm waterways and the environment. Look for our aquatic invasive species specialists at events, fishing tournaments, and more this summer, and keep an eye on the blog for additional information.
Posted April 17th, 2013 in Uncategorized
IISG’s aquatic invasive species (AIS) team is now offering four Stop Aquatic Hitchhikers! temporary tattoos as part of educational resources to raise awareness on AIS. These tattoos are a fun way to teach children about the spread of aquatic invasive species and their impact on local habitats.
If you’re interested in ordering tattoos, please visit the AIS webpage. There are four different species to choose from: Asian carp, Eurasian Watermilfoil, Fishhook Waterflea, and the Zebra Mussel. Individual species may be ordered in packs of 100 or opt for a combination pack including all four species (25 each species).
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant to participate in region-wide AIS Landing Blitz
- Zephyr remediation team wins Environmental Excellence Award
- Knauss Fellow reflects on past year as science communications specialist
- IISG co-hosts the 2019 Emerging Contaminants in the Environment conference
- In the News: Tomas Höök discusses nation’s first genetically modified animal cleared for human consumption