Don’t worry if you missed the original broadcast of the two most recent aquatic invasive species (AIS) webinars, because now you can watch them any time on the AIS organisms in trade page on the IISG website.
Greg Hitzroth, AIS outreach specialist at IISG, leads “Keeping Your Aquarium Free of Aquatic Invaders.” In this webinar, he talks about how species go from being simply aquatic species to aquatic invaders, how invasive species are accidentally and intentionally spread from aquariums to waterways, and what hobbyists can do to help prevent the introduction of novel aquatic species.
The Great Lakes Sea Grant Network Organisms in Trade project hosted these webinars along with two previous ones that are also available on the AIS web page.
- IISG engages in award-winning efforts
- IISG priorities and impacts are focused on local and Great Lakes natural resource concerns
- Research assistant opportunity: The social science of aquaculture production
- Great Lakes Sea Grant programs awarded $1 million for aquaculture collaborative
- In the News: Emma Young focuses on dissertation deadline ahead of Knauss Fellowship