Don’t worry if you missed the original broadcast of the two most recent aquatic invasive species (AIS) webinars, because now you can watch them any time on the AIS organisms in trade page on the IISG website.
Greg Hitzroth, AIS outreach specialist at IISG, leads “Keeping Your Aquarium Free of Aquatic Invaders.” In this webinar, he talks about how species go from being simply aquatic species to aquatic invaders, how invasive species are accidentally and intentionally spread from aquariums to waterways, and what hobbyists can do to help prevent the introduction of novel aquatic species.
The Great Lakes Sea Grant Network Organisms in Trade project hosted these webinars along with two previous ones that are also available on the AIS web page.
- Zephyr remediation team wins Environmental Excellence Award
- Knauss Fellow reflects on past year as science communications specialist
- IISG co-hosts the 2019 Emerging Contaminants in the Environment conference
- In the News: Tomas Höök discusses nation’s first genetically modified animal cleared for human consumption
- In the News: Caitie Nigrelli discusses cleanup of Grand Calumet River