Don’t worry if you missed the original broadcast of the two most recent aquatic invasive species (AIS) webinars, because now you can watch them any time on the AIS organisms in trade page on the IISG website.
Greg Hitzroth, AIS outreach specialist at IISG, leads “Keeping Your Aquarium Free of Aquatic Invaders.” In this webinar, he talks about how species go from being simply aquatic species to aquatic invaders, how invasive species are accidentally and intentionally spread from aquariums to waterways, and what hobbyists can do to help prevent the introduction of novel aquatic species.
The Great Lakes Sea Grant Network Organisms in Trade project hosted these webinars along with two previous ones that are also available on the AIS web page.
- Intern Blog: Jack Van Etten helps communities implement sustainable practices
- IISG to host aquatic invasive species networking workshop in Chicago
- In the News: Sarah Zack discusses unwanted meds and pollution prevention
- Sea Grant Announces 2020 Finalists for the John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship Program
- Rainscaping education helps communities prevent polluted runoff