Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant is looking to hire a Visiting Great Lakes Education Associate to help train teachers and other educators so that they can confidently share Great Lakes science with their students. This position involves meeting project objectives through planning, implementation and evaluation.
Specifically, responsibilities include:
- Administering IISG’s programs that connect K-12 educators and their students to aquatic science and to Great Lakes scientists.
- Conducting educational workshops to introduce IISG programs and resources to K-12 educators.
- Managing a mini-grant program for educators including program promotion and solicitation, application review, and award notification.
- Working with graphic designers, videographers, and web developers to create new resources or to modify existing ones to enhance programming.
- Preparing data summaries and visualizations to demonstrate program impacts.
This is a full time, 12-month academic professional position with primary responsibility for managing, enhancing, and evaluating environmental education programming that supports Great Lakes literacy and the mission of IISG and University of Illinois Extension. The position will be located at 200 S. Wacker Drive in Chicago, Illinois.
To learn more about the position’s responsibilities and qualifications, visit the U of I job board. Applications are due by August 31, 2022.