The winter 2013/2014 edition of our newsletter The Helm is now available in print and online. Stories and projects covered in this latest issue include the hands-on work of student scientists in Illinois and Northwest Indiana, ongoing research on the nearshore food web in Lake Michigan, a new tool developed for communities and planners, and climate predictions for the Chicago area.
Posted January 14th, 2014 in The Helm
- Rainscaping education helps communities prevent polluted runoff
- IISG’s aquatic invasive species team is looking for a new leader
- IISG researchers identify microbes throughout the Great Lakes
- IISG serves up Asian carp at 44th Annual NOAA Fish Fry
- New “Stormwater@Home” video series provides timely tips to prevent flooding