The first Resilient Chicago: Climate Planning for the Future workshop was hosted by the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) in 2014. After this event, it was clear that additional workshops and resources were needed to assist with climate adaptation planning in the Chicago metropolitan region—in particular, connecting local governments and other agencies with the appropriate partners and experts for the topics they would like to address. From there, IISG and the Midwestern Regional Climate Center led the way to expand “Resilient Chicago” into a larger initiative.
Through key partnerships, Resilient Chicago helps decision makers in the Chicago region incorporate climate adaptation into local planning efforts with workshops, local projects, and other resources that address the political, logistical, and financial aspects of local climate planning.
For more information, visit http://www.resilient-chicago.org/
Education & Training
- IISG hiring 5 undergraduate interns for summer 2021
- Lake levels workshops highlight the need for information sharing
- Funding opportunity available for research to be completed in 2022-23
- Today’s health and environmental concerns direct IISG’s efforts
- New toolkit makes finding weather and climate lesson plans easy