External Advisory Committee
Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant’s external advisory committee is comprised of industry, conservation, community, and agency leaders representing the bi-state area and broader Great Lakes region. The committee aids in defining IISG’s strategic goals, including providing guidance throughout the strategic planning process. It helps IISG assume a vital role in the science and practice of coastal restoration and management in our region.
External advisory committee members listed below will serve their term from 2019 – 2022. The leaders of the Illinois Coastal Management Program and the Indiana Coastal Management Program are ex-officio members and will remain on the IISG external advisory committee.
- Jennifer Day – Regional Coordinator, NOAA Great Lakes Regional Collaboration Team
- Chuck Knapp – VP of Conservation Research, Shedd Aquarium
- Paul Labovitz – Superintendent, Indiana Dunes National Park
- Jenny Orsburn – Program Manager, Indiana Lake Michigan Coastal Program
- Vic Santucci – Lake Michigan Program Manager, Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Mike Searcy – Treasurer, Indiana Aquaculture Association; Owner, White Creek Farms of Indiana LLC
- Diane Tecic – Director, Illinois Coastal Management Program
- New video highlights long-time family business raising trout for stocking
- Illinois Groundwork provides a rich supply of green infrastructure resources
- Spring brings new IISG resources and opportunities to lean into the season
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant supports Great Lakes and Lake Champlain region PFAS research
- Submit your bracket for Mulch Madness 2023