External Advisory Committee
Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant’s external advisory committee is comprised of industry, conservation, community, and agency leaders representing the bi-state area and broader Great Lakes region. The committee aids in defining IISG’s strategic goals, including providing guidance throughout the strategic planning process. It helps IISG assume a vital role in the science and practice of coastal restoration and management in our region.
External advisory committee members listed below will serve their term from 2019 – 2022. The leaders of the Illinois Coastal Management Program and the Indiana Coastal Management Program are ex-officio members and will remain on the IISG external advisory committee.
- Jennifer Day — Regional Coordinator, NOAA Great Lakes Regional Collaboration Team
- Chuck Knapp — VP of Conservation Research, Shedd Aquarium
- Paul Labovitz — Superintendent, Indiana Dunes National Park
- Jenny Orsburn — Program Manager, Indiana Lake Michigan Coastal Program
- Mike Searcy — Treasurer, Indiana Aquaculture Association; Owner, White Creek Farms of Indiana LLC
- Diane Tecic — Director, Illinois Coastal Management Program