Donate to Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant
Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant helps empower southern Lake Michigan communities to secure a healthy environment and economy through research, outreach, and education. We develop training and tools that help communities take action on issues such as natural resource protection, stormwater flooding, and climate change readiness. We engage in cutting-edge research on Great Lakes issues, including microplastics and other contaminants that threaten water quality and wildlife health.
Your donation can help Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant engage in this important work. Here are a few projects that your dollars can support:
- We maintain several buoys in the nearshore waters of Lake Michigan that help inform Chicago area boaters and anglers, and even the National Weather Service, about local lake conditions.
- We provide guidance and support for communities to establish collection programs so that unwanted medicines don’t pose an environmental or safety threat.
- We provide training and resources for teachers to provide what they need to bring Great Lakes science to their classrooms.
IISG works closely with hundreds of partners in Illinois, Indiana, and the Great Lakes region to have the most impact through shared resources and opportunities. Our specialists have won awards, are invited to speak at conferences, and are often contacted for their expertise.
Consider donating today!
How to Donate
If you would like to help support Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant, you can donate online: visit giving.purdue.edu/FNR, select “Other,” and type “Sea Grant” to give to the general program or “Sea Grant Buoys” to support the buoy program specifically.
If you would like to make a donation with a personal check, make your check payable to “Purdue Foundation” and mail to 715 W State St., West Lafayette, IN 47907. Please include “Sea Grant” in the Memo line to give to the general program or “Sea Grant Buoys” to support the buoy program specifically.
We are grateful for all supporters of the Sea Grant program. If you have questions about how to give, please contact Kelly Delp at 765-494-9650 or KJDelp@prf.org.
- New IISG faculty and graduate student scholars move forward with Great Lakes region research
- IAGLR award winners discuss science collaboration and communication
- A spring roundup of new and upcoming IISG resources
- Great Lakes educators reflect on their Lake Guardian experiences
- IISG hiring 5 undergraduate interns for summer 2021