Lesson Plan Explorers
Land to Water: Nutrient Explorer
This toolkit is comprised of externally linked education resources valuable for learning and teaching about nutrient losses and Illinois’ strategy to reduce nutrients in our waterways. This toolkit was developed with support from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency and Illinois Department of Agriculture.
Pollution Prevention Explorer
Explore a sortable list of external resources on the topics of water pollution and pollution prevention. Pollution prevention is broadly defined as any action that reduces, eliminates or prevents pollution at its source, and Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant focuses its pollution prevention outreach efforts to protect our shared water resources.
Weather & Climate Explorer
This education explorer provides a sortable list of external resources on the general topics of weather, climate, and climate change. Many of the resources can be used as-is or adapted for virtual learning and at-home teaching environments.
- We’re hiring an outreach associate to help enhance environmental education programming
- The Helm magazine highlights some key Chicago region water-focused planning issues
- IISG water resource initiatives support classrooms and communities
- We are hiring an educator to help spread Great Lakes literacy
- New undergraduate opportunity in community engaged internship