What is Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant?
We use research, outreach, and education to bring the latest science to Great Lakes communities and their residents. By connecting decision-makers with science, we help strengthen and preserve ecosystems and communities in southern Lake Michigan and beyond.More about IISG
Illinois residents: What’s your opinion on natural lawn care?
Watering your lawn in the early morning or in the evening. Using phosphorus-free fertilizers. Mowing your grass to a height…
Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant nominee, Melanie Perello, placed as NOAA Fellow in Minnesota’s Lake Superior Coastal Program
Managed by the NOAA Office for Coastal Management, the Coastal Management Fellowship offers on-the-job training for postgraduate students in coastal…
Chicago and Milwaukee forecasters have a new tool to monitor potential flash flooding
Flash flooding can happen quickly, potentially disrupting emergency access, transportation and other everyday activities—not to mention, posing a threat to…
IISG Publications & Products
Search our publication and product database for publications, fact sheets, presentations, and other products on important issues related to Lake Michigan and the surrounding communities.
Recent Publications & Products
- Pollinator Garden- Native Plants for Attracting Pollinators
- Illinois Native Plants for the Home Landscape
- Rain Garden- A Native Planting Guide for Rain Garden Beds
- Salmon and Trout of the Great Lakes: A Visual Identification Guide
- Cooperative Science and Monitoring Initiative Lake Michigan CSMI 2020 Workshop Report