Media Type:Handbook | Manual | Guide
Publisher:Purdue University Extension
The Conservation through Community Leadership(CCL) program serves as a roadmap for communities tackling complex land use and natural resource management challenges. The program provides information, tools, and resources to help communities work with diverse stakeholders to:
- Identify issues of concern
- Assess current community conditions and resources
- Create a shared vision
- Develop an action plan and implementation strategies
The curriculum contains education materials and resources to support community planning for land use and invasive species management. The following curriculum chapters are available for download:
- Conservation through Community Leadership Introduction
- Planning Tools for Land Use and Natural Resource Management
- Natural Resource Management: Invasive Species Education and Management
- Developing an Effective Community Organization
- Implementing Best Practices for Meetings
To learn more about facilitated community action planning program offerings, please visit purdue.edu/fnr/extension/scep/ccl
To access this resource, visit Purdue University Extension’s Ed Store at https://mdc.itap.purdue.edu/item.asp?Item_Number=ID-514.
Salazar, Kara A, Lenny D. Farlee, Liz Jackson, Daniel Walker, Steve Yoder. 2020. Conservation through Community Leadership. West Lafayette, IN: Purdue University Extension.