File Size: 4.10 MB
Media Type:Fact Sheet | Brochure | Poster | Extension Report | Research Summary
This is the fourth in a series of consumer guides that describe fish and shellfish farmed in the Midwest region of the United States. (See Walleye Farmed Fish Fact Sheet, Yellow Perch Farmed Fish Fact Sheet, and Tilapia Farmed Fish Fact Sheet). The fact sheet also includes culinary characteristics, cooking tips, and a recipe for Grilled Rainbow Trout with Apricot Salsa.
- Great Lakes Sea Grant Network. 2019. Salmon and Trout of the Great Lakes: A Visual Identification Guide. IISG19-LWD-BRC-023. https://iiseagrant.org/publications/salmon-and-trout-of-the-great-lakes-a-visual-identification-guide/.
- National Audubon Society. 2002. National Audubon Society Field Guide to Fishes. Chanticleer Press, Inc.
- Stickney, R.R. 1996. Aquaculture in the United States, A Historical Survey. John Wiley & Sons, New York, 372.
- Hardy, R.W. 2002. Nutrient Requirements and Feeding of Finfish for Aquaculture (p. 186). essay, CAB Pub.
- Ladewig, K.F. and Morat, M. 1995. Rainbow Trout. Southern Regional Aquaculture Center Publication No. 224.
- EPA-FDA Advice about Eating Fish and Shellfish. Available online: https://www.epa.gov/fish-tech/epa-fda-advice-about-eating-fish-and-shellfish.
Shambach, Amy. Rainbow trout farmed fish fact sheet. Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant Report: IISG21-SFA-BRC-044. https://iiseagrant.org/publications/rainbow-trout-farmed-fish-fact-sheet/