IISG’s new research coordinator is Tomas Höök, an assistant professor in the Department of Forestry and Natural Resources at Purdue University. Höök received his BS, MS and PhD from the University of Michigan and prior to coming to Purdue he worked at the Cooperative Institute for Limnology and Ecosystems Research and as a visiting scientist at Stockholm University, Sweden. His area of expertise is fisheries and aquatic sciences with a focus on fish and fisheries ecology in the Laurentian Great Lakes.
- A spring roundup of new and upcoming IISG resources
- Great Lakes educators reflect on their Lake Guardian experiences
- IISG hiring 5 undergraduate interns for summer 2021
- Freedom Seekers curriculum connects students to the Underground Railroad, Great Lakes and science
- IISG invites applications for faculty and graduate scholars programs