IISG’s new research coordinator is Tomas Höök, an assistant professor in the Department of Forestry and Natural Resources at Purdue University. Höök received his BS, MS and PhD from the University of Michigan and prior to coming to Purdue he worked at the Cooperative Institute for Limnology and Ecosystems Research and as a visiting scientist at Stockholm University, Sweden. His area of expertise is fisheries and aquatic sciences with a focus on fish and fisheries ecology in the Laurentian Great Lakes.
- New podcast discusses the science of ponds
- How to winterize your water garden
- We’re searching for an aquatic ecology specialist to manage our buoy program
- Graduate fellowship opportunities available for 2021
- We’re searching for a senior environmental extension scientist to work on Great Lakes issues