IISG’s new research coordinator is Tomas Höök, an assistant professor in the Department of Forestry and Natural Resources at Purdue University. Höök received his BS, MS and PhD from the University of Michigan and prior to coming to Purdue he worked at the Cooperative Institute for Limnology and Ecosystems Research and as a visiting scientist at Stockholm University, Sweden. His area of expertise is fisheries and aquatic sciences with a focus on fish and fisheries ecology in the Laurentian Great Lakes.
- The Helm magazine shares Lake Michigan art, as well as IISG success stories
- IISG faculty scholars experiment with sustainable concrete solutions
- Research in the time of COVID: How scientists adapted to the pandemic
- Purdue Rainscaping program brings rain garden training to Illinois Extension
- New 3-D tool models Lake Erie hypoxia and its impact on fish habitat