IISG’s Aquaculture Marketing Specialist Kwamena Quagrainie, who also directs the aquaculture economics and marketing program at Purdue University, was recently promoted to the position of Clinical Engagement Assistant Professor in Agricultural Economics. Dr. Quagrainie has been involved for many years in aquaculture marketing and outreach, helping numerous aquaculture operations get started or expand their business throughout the Midwest. He has also been involved in international efforts to promote and foster aquaculture operations throughout several African nations.
The Clinical Engagement professorship emphasizes transfer of applied research results to aquaculture communities small and large. The goal of this position is to promote active engagement in a field, which is the type of work that Dr. Quagrainie has been directly involved in for many years now. This promotion will give him even more opportunities to bring his expertise to aquaculture producers–helping businesses and communities grow.
- Illinois officials release 2021 Nutrient Loss Reduction Strategy Biennial Report
- Lake Michigan charter fishing businesses suffer $9.2 million loss in 2020
- Lake Michigan coastline erosion research brings in new data and diplomacy
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant continues to address marine debris challenges with new project
- Illinois Extension expands leadership focused on natural resources, energy, environment