IISG’s Aquaculture Marketing Specialist Kwamena Quagrainie, who also directs the aquaculture economics and marketing program at Purdue University, was recently promoted to the position of Clinical Engagement Assistant Professor in Agricultural Economics. Dr. Quagrainie has been involved for many years in aquaculture marketing and outreach, helping numerous aquaculture operations get started or expand their business throughout the Midwest. He has also been involved in international efforts to promote and foster aquaculture operations throughout several African nations.
The Clinical Engagement professorship emphasizes transfer of applied research results to aquaculture communities small and large. The goal of this position is to promote active engagement in a field, which is the type of work that Dr. Quagrainie has been directly involved in for many years now. This promotion will give him even more opportunities to bring his expertise to aquaculture producers–helping businesses and communities grow.
- New feeding approach promises more robust and healthy farm-raised larval largemouth bass
- From South Korea to America: How Lisa Kim embraced her cultural identity
- Learn to use Tipping Point Planner in developing a land acquisition strategy
- Podcast: Buoys, Part 2 – Deploying and retrieving each year
- Podcast: Buoys, Part 1 – Tapping into Great Lakes data