IISG’s Aquaculture Marketing Specialist Kwamena Quagrainie, who also directs the aquaculture economics and marketing program at Purdue University, was recently promoted to the position of Clinical Engagement Assistant Professor in Agricultural Economics. Dr. Quagrainie has been involved for many years in aquaculture marketing and outreach, helping numerous aquaculture operations get started or expand their business throughout the Midwest. He has also been involved in international efforts to promote and foster aquaculture operations throughout several African nations.
The Clinical Engagement professorship emphasizes transfer of applied research results to aquaculture communities small and large. The goal of this position is to promote active engagement in a field, which is the type of work that Dr. Quagrainie has been directly involved in for many years now. This promotion will give him even more opportunities to bring his expertise to aquaculture producers–helping businesses and communities grow.
- New to Navy Pier waters, Chuoy the Buoy proved a valuable forecasting tool
- Invasive carp barriers may not stop invertebrates moving between Chicago waterways
- Mentorship program helps experienced educators share Great Lakes literacy lessons
- The new year brings a bounty of Sea Grant professional opportunities
- We’re hiring nine interns for summer 2023!