As an amendment to the Boater Registration and Safety Act signed into law by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, aquatic plants and animals would need to be removed from seaplanes and watercraft before moving between bodies of water. The requirement is an important step in preventing the spread of aquatic invasive species throughout the state of Illinois, as well as between states and bodies of water where these vehicles might travel.
Posted August 2nd, 2012 in Aquatic Invasive Species
- Sea Grant Faculty Scholars program provides new opportunities for researchers in Illinois and Indiana
- We’re hiring a new postdoc research associate to focus on community revitalization
- Lake Michigan Chinook salmon stick with declining alewife as their main meal
- Podcast: Teach Me About the Great Lakes Live from IAGLR!
- New feeding approach promises more robust and healthy farm-raised larval largemouth bass