As an amendment to the Boater Registration and Safety Act signed into law by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, aquatic plants and animals would need to be removed from seaplanes and watercraft before moving between bodies of water. The requirement is an important step in preventing the spread of aquatic invasive species throughout the state of Illinois, as well as between states and bodies of water where these vehicles might travel.
Posted August 2nd, 2012 in Uncategorized
- Illinois students help with green infrastructure research and win ASLA award
- New podcast series: Teach Me About the Great Lakes
- In the News: Jay Beugly talks buoys in BoatUS Magazine
- Land use webinar to be hosted with Purdue Extension
- Illinois Nutrient Loss Reduction Strategy Biennial Report reveals dramatic phosphorus reductions from point source sector