As an amendment to the Boater Registration and Safety Act signed into law by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, aquatic plants and animals would need to be removed from seaplanes and watercraft before moving between bodies of water. The requirement is an important step in preventing the spread of aquatic invasive species throughout the state of Illinois, as well as between states and bodies of water where these vehicles might travel.
Posted August 2nd, 2012 in Aquatic Invasive Species
- In the News: Kristin TePas explores crucial role of teachers in testing Great Lakes water quality aboard EPA ship
- Meet our grad student scholars: Les Warren
- Underwater ROVs, offshore wind turbines, and climate adaptation: Updates from the 2023 Knauss Fellows
- In the News: Amy Shambach talks about the future of shrimp farming
- Meet our grad student scholars: Jin Yi (Jeanie) Tan