As an amendment to the Boater Registration and Safety Act signed into law by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, aquatic plants and animals would need to be removed from seaplanes and watercraft before moving between bodies of water. The requirement is an important step in preventing the spread of aquatic invasive species throughout the state of Illinois, as well as between states and bodies of water where these vehicles might travel.
Posted August 2nd, 2012 in Aquatic Invasive Species
- IAGLR award winners discuss science collaboration and communication
- A spring roundup of new and upcoming IISG resources
- Great Lakes educators reflect on their Lake Guardian experiences
- IISG hiring 5 undergraduate interns for summer 2021
- Freedom Seekers curriculum connects students to the Underground Railroad, Great Lakes and science