As an amendment to the Boater Registration and Safety Act signed into law by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, aquatic plants and animals would need to be removed from seaplanes and watercraft before moving between bodies of water. The requirement is an important step in preventing the spread of aquatic invasive species throughout the state of Illinois, as well as between states and bodies of water where these vehicles might travel.
Posted August 2nd, 2012 in Aquatic Invasive Species
- Illinois officials release 2021 Nutrient Loss Reduction Strategy Biennial Report
- Lake Michigan charter fishing businesses suffer $9.2 million loss in 2020
- Lake Michigan coastline erosion research brings in new data and diplomacy
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant continues to address marine debris challenges with new project
- Illinois Extension expands leadership focused on natural resources, energy, environment