As an amendment to the Boater Registration and Safety Act signed into law by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, aquatic plants and animals would need to be removed from seaplanes and watercraft before moving between bodies of water. The requirement is an important step in preventing the spread of aquatic invasive species throughout the state of Illinois, as well as between states and bodies of water where these vehicles might travel.
Posted August 2nd, 2012 in Uncategorized
- In the News: Emma Young focuses on dissertation deadline ahead of Knauss Fellowship
- Feedback requested for IISG site review
- Great Lakes Resurgence: Cleanup Efforts Bring Life to Local Waterfronts
- Fourth grade students learn science on the banks of the Grand Calumet River
- In the News: Mitchell Zischke helps produce pond and wildlife management publication series