As an amendment to the Boater Registration and Safety Act signed into law by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, aquatic plants and animals would need to be removed from seaplanes and watercraft before moving between bodies of water. The requirement is an important step in preventing the spread of aquatic invasive species throughout the state of Illinois, as well as between states and bodies of water where these vehicles might travel.
Posted August 2nd, 2012 in Aquatic Invasive Species
- Freedom Seekers curriculum connects students to the Underground Railroad, Great Lakes and science
- IISG invites applications for faculty and graduate scholars programs
- Lake levels workshops highlight the need for information sharing
- Eat Midwest Fish website launches fresh fish finder
- New aquaculture video series highlights Midwest farm to fork shrimp