As an amendment to the Boater Registration and Safety Act signed into law by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, aquatic plants and animals would need to be removed from seaplanes and watercraft before moving between bodies of water. The requirement is an important step in preventing the spread of aquatic invasive species throughout the state of Illinois, as well as between states and bodies of water where these vehicles might travel.
Posted August 2nd, 2012 in Aquatic Invasive Species
- Scientists bring the Great Lakes to students learning from home
- Learn how IISG is addressing coastal issues in The Helm
- New toolkit makes finding weather and climate lesson plans easy
- Michigan City buoy offline for repairs
- Indiana Master Watershed Steward volunteers dive in to help their local environment