In many parts of the world, Asian carp are known as dinner–these fish have a mild flavor that belies their unfortunate name. So perhaps we can try and eat our way out of the ecological threat they pose. IISG has created a publication–Asian Carp Cuisine–that provides a variety of recipes for preparing bighead and silver carp, including Jamaican Jerk Carp, and Silverfin Cakes, as well as smoked and fried Asian carp.
- New aquaculture video series highlights Midwest farm to fork shrimp
- Knauss fellow Molly Cain joins NOAA Research
- IISG staff members win outreach and communication awards
- Wrapping up a difficult year, IISG is focused on the hope of 2021
- Funding opportunity available for research to be completed in 2022-23