In many parts of the world, Asian carp are known as dinner–these fish have a mild flavor that belies their unfortunate name. So perhaps we can try and eat our way out of the ecological threat they pose. IISG has created a publication–Asian Carp Cuisine–that provides a variety of recipes for preparing bighead and silver carp, including Jamaican Jerk Carp, and Silverfin Cakes, as well as smoked and fried Asian carp.
Posted October 14th, 2010 in News
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant announces funding for five new research projects
- Registration open for 2020 Indiana Master Watershed Steward Program
- Microplastics may increase the risk of PFAS entering the Lake Michigan food web
- Graduate students looking for 2020 fellowship opportunities
- Podcast: How were the Great Lakes formed?