In many parts of the world, Asian carp are known as dinner–these fish have a mild flavor that belies their unfortunate name. So perhaps we can try and eat our way out of the ecological threat they pose. IISG has created a publication–Asian Carp Cuisine–that provides a variety of recipes for preparing bighead and silver carp, including Jamaican Jerk Carp, and Silverfin Cakes, as well as smoked and fried Asian carp.
Posted October 14th, 2010 in News
- Rainscaping education helps communities prevent polluted runoff
- IISG’s aquatic invasive species team is looking for a new leader
- IISG researchers identify microbes throughout the Great Lakes
- IISG serves up Asian carp at 44th Annual NOAA Fish Fry
- New “Stormwater@Home” video series provides timely tips to prevent flooding