Climate change is spotlighting the importance of managing water resources. Building on previous work (ID-524-W, ID-520-W, ID-519-W), in this publication the authors discuss how the One Water approach can benefit urban communities.
This file can be downloaded from the Purdue Extension Ed Store at: https://mdc.itap.purdue.edu/item.asp?Item_Number=ID-525-W
File Size: 3.87 MB
This is the fifth in a series of consumer guides that describe fish and shellfish farmed in the Midwest region of the United States. (See Walleye Farmed Fish Fact Sheet, Yellow Perch Farmed Fish Fact Sheet, and Tilapia Farmed Fish Fact Sheet). The fact sheet also includes culinary characteristics, cooking tips, and a recipe for Sautéed Old Bay® Shrimp
- FAO. 2009. Penaeus vannamei. In Cultured aquatic species fact sheets. Text by Briggs, M. Edited and compiled by Valerio Crespi and Michael New. CD-ROM (multilingual). http://www.fao.org/fishery/docs/DOCUMENT/aquaculture/CulturedSpecies/file/en/en_whitelegshrimp.htm.
- Bernal Rodríguez CE, García AC, Ponce-Palafox JT, Spanopoulos-Hernández M, Puga-López D, et al. (2017) The Color of Marine Shrimps and Its Role in the Aquaculture. Int J Aquac Fish Sci 3(3): 062-065. DOI: 10.17352/2455-8400.000030
- National Fisheries Institute (NFI). 2018. “Top 10 List Shows Significant Increase in Seafood
Consumption.” Available online: https://aboutseafood.com/press_release/top-10-list-shows-significant-increase-in-seafood-consumption/
- FAO. 2018. The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture 2018 – Meeting the sustainable development goals. Rome. License: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO.
- Ray, A.J. 2019. Indoor Marine Shrimp Farming. SRAC Pub No. 2602. Available online: http://www.ksuaquaculture.org/PDFs/Ray_SRAC%202019-Indoor%20Shrimp%20Farming.pdf
- E R De Oliveira e Silva, C E Seidman, J J Tian, L C Hudgins, F M Sacks, J L Breslow, Effects of shrimp consumption on plasma lipoproteins, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 64, Issue 5, November 1996, Pages 712–717, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/64.5.712.
‡Note: Old Bay Seasoning is a registered trademark of McCormick & Company.
An extension factsheet to inform Indiana landowners on the best practices for stocking fish into ponds.
This document is also referred to as FNR-569 and PPP-125, and is available at https://mdc.itap.purdue.edu/item.asp?Item_Number=FNR-569.
File Size: 670.29 KB
This brochure provides tips on how to properly use, store and dispose of expired or unwanted medications. It was developed by IISG, on behalf of the National Sea Grant Office, in partnership with the American Veterinary Medical Association
File Size: 696.88 KB
The hybrid striped bass (HSB) industry is the 4th largest aquaculture industry in the United States in terms of sales value, behind catfish, salmon, and trout. HSB is a cross between a female white bass (Morone chrysops) and a male striped bass (Morone saxatilis). HSB is also known as “”sunshine bass.”” The hybridization of the white bass and the striped bass makes HSB more tolerant to extreme temperatures and dissolved oxygen than either of its parents. There is potential for growth in production in Indiana and the Midwest because of the abundance of farm ponds and private lakes.
Note: Some older Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant publications have not yet been restructured into ADA compliant formats. We are actively working on this. If you are having difficulty accessing a particular item in one of our databases, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the item and its URL for further assistance.