The cleanup and remediation of the area is well underway, and a new publication answers the most common and important questions that community members have had about the project.
Posted June 8th, 2012 in Great Lakes Cleanup
IISG’s Caitie McCoy has been heavily involved in the Sheboygan River AOC project, helping to provide information to the community and to all of the agencies and individuals involved in the project.
Available now for download, the pamphlet “A Cleaner, Deeper River Coming Soon!” addresses questions ranging from specific areas that will be dredged, disposal of the polluted materials that are removed, and positive impacts for wildlife and the community once the project is complete.
You can learn more about the work in Sheboygan on the project website.
- Automated sampling equipment may aid in tracking microscopic aquatic invasive species
- Meet our Grad Student Scholars: Junyi Duan
- IISG is seeking a new Great Lakes K-12 education specialist
- Educators can apply for Lake Erie Shipboard Science Workshop
- In the News: Sustainable, functionally designed garden receives gifts to grow impact