Posted October 12th, 2022 in Climate Ready Communities, Education, Featured, Funded Research, Great Lakes Cleanup, Program, Sea Grant Scholars, The Helm, Water Supply
The 2022 issue of Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant’s magazine, The Helm, is now available. This annual publication is a collection of program research, outreach and education success stories as well as ongoing activities to address coastal concerns. This issue is focused on water supply forecasting, climate change, Great Lakes Areas of Concern, and more, including IISG’s 40 years of service to the southern Lake Michigan region.
Here are some headlines from this issue:
- Chicago area communities tap into water supply data to plan for sustainability and affordability
- IISG celebrates 40 years of research, outreach, and education
- Great Lakes onboard educator workshops offer scientists learning opportunities
- What factors contribute to revitalization in cleaned up Great Lakes Areas of Concern?
- More Chicago area decision makers are taking action on climate change