The Lawn to Lake program promotes healthy landscape practices, offering communities, landscapers, residents, and others, tips for maintaining healthy lawns and landscapes without over-relying on chemicals. This new Lawn to Lake factsheet, What’s in Your Watershed?, explains exactly what a watershed is—simply, the area of land that drains to a specific body of water—and more. The focus is Indiana and the six coastal watersheds that have a direct impact on the water quality and quantity of Lake Michigan. The factsheet also gives advice on how protect watersheds by reducing fertilizer inputs.
- The Helm magazine shares Lake Michigan art, as well as IISG success stories
- IISG faculty scholars experiment with sustainable concrete solutions
- Research in the time of COVID: How scientists adapted to the pandemic
- Purdue Rainscaping program brings rain garden training to Illinois Extension
- New 3-D tool models Lake Erie hypoxia and its impact on fish habitat