The Lawn to Lake program promotes healthy landscape practices, offering communities, landscapers, residents, and others, tips for maintaining healthy lawns and landscapes without over-relying on chemicals. This new Lawn to Lake factsheet, What’s in Your Watershed?, explains exactly what a watershed is—simply, the area of land that drains to a specific body of water—and more. The focus is Indiana and the six coastal watersheds that have a direct impact on the water quality and quantity of Lake Michigan. The factsheet also gives advice on how protect watersheds by reducing fertilizer inputs.
- Sea Grant Faculty Scholars program provides new opportunities for researchers in Illinois and Indiana
- We’re hiring a new postdoc research associate to focus on community revitalization
- Lake Michigan Chinook salmon stick with declining alewife as their main meal
- Podcast: Teach Me About the Great Lakes Live from IAGLR!
- New feeding approach promises more robust and healthy farm-raised larval largemouth bass