IISG’s Laura Kammin was recognized for the creation of our proper medicine disposal website UnwantedMeds.org. Working with Jane Scherer at the University of Illinois’ Extension program, Laura created the website and blog, providing valuable information about the dangers that improper medicine disposal can pose to the environment, steps that people can take to prevent medicines from getting into the wrong hands or contaminating the environment, and information about local take-back events and collection programs.
The APEX awards are given each year by Communication Concepts to recognize outstanding publication work in a variety of fields, and Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant was selected this year for two separate awards.
Additionally, the IISG communications team of Irene Miles, Anjanette Riley, and Susan White were recognized for the publication of our 30 milestones, celebrating and highlighting a range of accomplishments in the first 30 years of the Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant program. You can browse the milestones with photographs in our Facebook album.
- In the News: Kristin TePas explores crucial role of teachers in testing Great Lakes water quality aboard EPA ship
- Meet our grad student scholars: Les Warren
- Underwater ROVs, offshore wind turbines, and climate adaptation: Updates from the 2023 Knauss Fellows
- In the News: Amy Shambach talks about the future of shrimp farming
- Meet our grad student scholars: Jin Yi (Jeanie) Tan