“The Animal Planet show that spent four days filming on and around the Illinois River last summer for a feature on the acrobatic insanity of everyone’s least favorite invasive fish, the Asian carp, will be shown Sunday.“Off the Hook: Extreme Catches,” with host/professional wrestler Eric Young presents “Carpocalypse Now” at 7 p.m. Sunday. Greg Gephards, who owns Schooners on War Memorial Drive and had a role in the production of the program, is hosting a party for the occasion.”
Posted October 3rd, 2012 in Aquatic Invasive Species
If you tuned in to “Off the Hook: Extreme Catches” this past Sunday on Animal Planet you got a chance to see Asian carp, a major aquatic invasive concern, as well as some people who are fighting the flying fish.
From The Peoria Journal Star:
- Sea Grant Faculty Scholars program provides new opportunities for researchers in Illinois and Indiana
- We’re hiring a new postdoc research associate to focus on community revitalization
- Lake Michigan Chinook salmon stick with declining alewife as their main meal
- Podcast: Teach Me About the Great Lakes Live from IAGLR!
- New feeding approach promises more robust and healthy farm-raised larval largemouth bass