Posted July 20th, 2015 in Great Lakes Cleanup
Great Lakes Information Network awarded the July Site of the Month to GreatLakesMud.org. IISG created the site to disseminate information and provide resources to promote sediment cleanup and habitat restoration in Areas of Concern. The website was made possible by the Great Lakes Legacy Act, a program that, as of 2015, has cleaned up 2.9 million cubic yards of contaminated sediment through 17 remediation projects.
- New to Navy Pier waters, Chuoy the Buoy proved a valuable forecasting tool
- Invasive carp barriers may not stop invertebrates moving between Chicago waterways
- Mentorship program helps experienced educators share Great Lakes literacy lessons
- The new year brings a bounty of Sea Grant professional opportunities
- We’re hiring nine interns for summer 2023!