Posted July 20th, 2015 in Great Lakes Cleanup
Great Lakes Information Network awarded the July Site of the Month to GreatLakesMud.org. IISG created the site to disseminate information and provide resources to promote sediment cleanup and habitat restoration in Areas of Concern. The website was made possible by the Great Lakes Legacy Act, a program that, as of 2015, has cleaned up 2.9 million cubic yards of contaminated sediment through 17 remediation projects.
- Podcast: This one’s a Great Lakes fish tale
- Sea Grant Faculty Scholars program provides new opportunities for researchers in Illinois and Indiana
- We’re hiring a new postdoc research associate to focus on community revitalization
- Lake Michigan Chinook salmon stick with declining alewife as their main meal
- Podcast: Teach Me About the Great Lakes Live from IAGLR!