Posted March 21st, 2014 in Uncategorized
Jay Beugly has joined the team as IISG’s newest aquatic ecology specialist. Located a Purdue University, he works closely with our research team to increase public awareness of the Michigan City nearshore buoy and help boaters, anglers, and beachgoers make use of the data. He also helps coordinate research and outreach activities on Purdue’s West Lafayette campus.
Jay has a Master’s degree in biology from Ball State University, where his work on river and stream ecology earned him the 2009 Outstanding Graduate Student in Fisheries Award. He is currently working towards a PhD in aquatic community ecology.
- In the News: New resources support environmental planning at the local level
- IISG veterans win two national Sea Grant awards
- Apply now for the 2021 Knauss Fellowship in Washington, D.C.
- IISG engages in award-winning efforts
- IISG priorities and impacts are focused on local and Great Lakes natural resource concerns