With help from these sites, homeowners and landscape professionals in northern Illinois can cultivate healthy lawns while still conserving water and preventing harmful chemicals from washing into nearby lakes and rivers. Specific natural lawn care tips include testing soil and adjusting nutrient levels as needed at the start of the season, choosing the right grass for the site, and letting lawns go dormant during dry months. The sites also provide information on lawn cultivation equipment and choosing lawn care services.
Posted February 26th, 2014 in Uncategorized
One of the best online resources for sustainable landscape and lawn care in Illinois is now available in Spanish. Like its sister site Lawn Talk, Hablemos Del Cesdped includes tips and resources for planting and maintenance, including common lawn care mistakes to avoid.
Lawn Talk and Hablemos Del Cesdped are part of the Lawn to Lake program and were developed in part with funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative. For even more information about natural lawn care and its benefits, visit the Lawn to Lake link above or download the latest Sustainable Lawn & Landscape Practices for Communities guidebook.
- In the News: New resources support environmental planning at the local level
- IISG veterans win two national Sea Grant awards
- Apply now for the 2021 Knauss Fellowship in Washington, D.C.
- IISG engages in award-winning efforts
- IISG priorities and impacts are focused on local and Great Lakes natural resource concerns