Economics and Cost Analysis
The proximity of Illinois and Indiana producers to many major markets, and the abundance of natural and agricultural resources, provide tremendous long-term opportunities for aquaculture farms and businesses in these states. Whether you are an aquaculture producer or you are thinking of getting into an aquaculture business, we are here to provide you the best information and education to ensure a productive, innovative, and profitable aquaculture business.
IISG’s aquaculture program is part of University of Illinois and Purdue University Extension, providing strong support to Illinois and Indiana aquaculture through technology transfer projects as well as marketing and technical assistance. Our aquaculture marketing specialist leads Purdue’s Aquaculture Economics & Marketing Resources (AqEMR) initiative, with a focus on innovative research, outreach, extension, and education programs.
For more detailed information, visit https://ag.purdue.edu/agecon/Pages/Aquabusiness.aspx
Education & Training
- Funding opportunities for aquaculture and American lobster research
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant announces funding for five new research projects
- Research assistant opportunity: The social science of aquaculture production
- Great Lakes Sea Grant programs awarded $1 million for aquaculture collaborative
- IISG serves up Asian carp at 44th Annual NOAA Fish Fry