Economics and Cost Analysis
The proximity of Illinois and Indiana producers to many major markets, and the abundance of natural and agricultural resources, provide tremendous long-term opportunities for aquaculture farms and businesses in these states. Whether you are an aquaculture producer or you are thinking of getting into an aquaculture business, we are here to provide you the best information and education to ensure a productive, innovative, and profitable aquaculture business.
IISG’s aquaculture program is part of University of Illinois and Purdue University Extension, providing strong support to Illinois and Indiana aquaculture through technology transfer projects as well as marketing and technical assistance. Our aquaculture marketing specialist leads Purdue’s Aquaculture Economics & Marketing Resources (AqEMR) initiative, with a focus on innovative research, outreach, extension, and education programs.
For more detailed information, visit https://ag.purdue.edu/agecon/Pages/Aquabusiness.aspx
Education & Training
- IISG serves up Asian carp at 44th Annual NOAA Fish Fry
- In the News: Tomas Höök discusses nation’s first genetically modified animal cleared for human consumption
- Aquaculture funding opportunities available
- IISG is looking to expand our aquaculture marketing team
- Job opportunity: aquaculture marketing extension specialist