Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant supports over 30 extension specialists, communicators, educators and administrators conducting environmental and natural resources outreach on a number of critical issues at local, regional and national scales. Extension specialists deliver science-based programs that empower communities and people to make informed natural resource decisions.
Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Outreach Coordinator/AIS Associate Scientist
Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant and the Illinois Natural History Survey are hiring an aquatic invasive species (AIS) outreach coordinator/AIS associate scientist to develop, plan, direct, and conduct scientific outreach programming for a variety of stakeholders about AIS affecting Lake Michigan and the inland water of Illinois and Indiana.
In addition to engaging in outreach, some responsibilities of this position include:
- Evaluating effectiveness of the AIS program’s outreach activities through survey research
- Applying for and administering grants including budgeting, reporting, and other principal investigator duties
- Supervising staff to achieve success and foster innovation.
This appointment is a full-time 12-month position, eligible for full University of Illinois benefits. It is located at the Botanic Gardens in Glencoe, Illinois.
To learn more about duties, required qualifications and application timing, visit Jobs at Illinois.
IISG offers a Summer Internship Program for undergraduates currently enrolled in a U.S. institution of higher learning or recently graduated. Successful applicants will spend 12 weeks working closely with a Sea Grant specialist on issues affecting the Great Lakes. Internships include research, communications, and outreach components.
Visit in 2020 for exciting new positions!
- Graduate students looking for 2020 fellowship opportunities
- Apply now for the 2021 Knauss Fellowship in Washington, D.C.
- Intern Blog: Jack Van Etten helps communities implement sustainable practices
- IISG’s aquatic invasive species team is looking for a new leader
- IISG is looking for two motivated students for 2019 summer internship program