Greg Hitzroth is IISG’s new aquatic invasive species specialist, working out of the Chicago Botanic Gardens in Glencoe, Illinois. Greg will design and implement public outreach programs and resources designed to increase awareness of the spread of invasive species introduced to the waterways of Illinois and Indiana through commercial trade. He will also work closely with IISG’s Aquatic Invasive Species team to identify and partner with outside stakeholders, including suppliers of non-native species, to ensure greater public awareness of the impact of organisms in trade and strategies for reducing their movement into the Great Lakes region.
Greg holds a MS in Biology from Northern Arizona University. He joins IISG after a three-year tenure as a research assistant for the Plants of Concern Program at the Chicago Botanic Gardens.
- In the News: Kristin TePas explores crucial role of teachers in testing Great Lakes water quality aboard EPA ship
- Meet our grad student scholars: Les Warren
- Underwater ROVs, offshore wind turbines, and climate adaptation: Updates from the 2023 Knauss Fellows
- In the News: Amy Shambach talks about the future of shrimp farming
- Meet our grad student scholars: Jin Yi (Jeanie) Tan