Population growth in the greater Chicago region could create water shortages as demand outpaces supply. Water-demand management—including water conservation, conservation pricing, water reuse—is necessary to ensure ongoing water availability. Encouraging communities to conserve and reuse water can make our water supply more sustainable.
Education & Training
- IISG is committed to helping communities be more resilient
- In the News: Amid COVID-19 pandemic, the need for frequent hand-washing collides with soaring water rates
- Communities now can immerse themselves in critical water supply planning data
- Water affordability report helps inform new Chicago water billing policy
- IISG seeks four interns for summer 2020