Population growth in the greater Chicago region could create water shortages as demand outpaces supply. Water-demand management—including water conservation, conservation pricing, water reuse—is necessary to ensure ongoing water availability. Encouraging communities to conserve and reuse water can make our water supply more sustainable.
Water Resource Economist
Education & Training
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant supports Great Lakes and Lake Champlain region PFAS research
- Funding opportunity open for 2024-25 research projects
- The Helm magazine highlights some key Chicago region water-focused planning issues
- IISG is committed to helping communities be more resilient
- In the News: Amid COVID-19 pandemic, the need for frequent hand-washing collides with soaring water rates