Population growth in the greater Chicago region could create water shortages as demand outpaces supply. Water-demand management—including water conservation, conservation pricing, water reuse—is necessary to ensure ongoing water availability. Encouraging communities to conserve and reuse water can make our water supply more sustainable.
Understanding Conservation Pricing
Every community has unique needs and must decide what it wants to achieve with water rates. This factsheet discusses rate design to encourage efficient water use, in other words, conservation pricing.
Education & Training
- Indiana Master Watershed Steward Program debuts in Northwest Indiana
- Water resource economist Margaret Schneemann featured in American Public Media
- Interns Catherine and Jennifer tackled key water supply planning issues
- CMAP wins award for water supply planning
- Lake Zurich dips into water supply planning